Friday, February 8, 2013

another man's treasure...

One man's trash is another man's treasure. 

I am a fairly frugal person. I love a good deal and an even better find in an unexpected place. Growing up we did not have a lot of money but we never starved and we always had a mostly warm house. My sister wrote of a not so fond memory addressing the same subject. You can read her hilarious post at her blog 31 Cups

However, I am not writing here today to stumble painfully down memory lane remembering how we pretty much lived in hand-me-downs and had to wear bread bags on our feet to keep the snow out of our boots. Yes bread bags. True story. I wanted to share that because we didn't always had the most money growing up, we really learned to appreciate what we had and to look for bargains. Here of course I am talking about THRIFT STORES! It is almost like a personal victory when I find something that is almost life changing in a thrift store. All I have to do is walk through my house I can could count about two to three dozen items just out in the open that I have discovered unexpectedly hiding under some other discarded products at our local (and not so local) 'Junk Stores'. The term Junk Store is coined by my mother. ;-)

So, after that intro into my madness, I just wanted to share some of my terrific finds with you. Check out your local thrift or junk store; The Salvation Army, Goodwill. Just in my area alone (good ole Southern Minnesota) there is also The Treasure House, MRCI, Thrift & More, and Neighborhood Thrift Store. I have found something in each and every one of these money-saving gems.

So, today's Thrift Store Gold purchase was at a little store in Sleepy Eye, MN (yes, that is the real name of the city) named the Next 2 New II. Let me tell you, when you find these, BUY THEM. They are probably as old as I am (thirty-somethin') and still look and work great! I have purchased six or seven different pieces from these old Tupperware sets. Gold I tell you! And for $1.00 a piece, I'd say I got a pretty good deal!




Already put to good use with my Easy Apple Snack ready to go for my kidlets. Recipe to come!

So, if you are ever out and about thrifting and you see these retro, old Tupperware containers, just get them. They will be worth pretty much whatever you spend on them (within reason of course). You will not regret it!

Thanks for stopping and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover