Monday, February 4, 2013

Regrowing Green Onions

Good morning! Today's post is under the Recipe tab but isn't really a recipe. This is basically just a kitchen tip but still a very neat one. 


 I have seen a few of these posts on Pinterest about regrowing certain vegetables in water. According to a few sites you can regrow store bought celery, green onions, and romaine lettuce in water. I tried to regrow celery in water but I only got a few little stalks and then it died. Sad face. So, when I saw this post on Pinterest I was a bit skeptical. However, I thought I would try it anyway. 

I bought some green onions and cut them down to about an two inches above the bulb. I chopped up the onions and used what I needed and froze the rest in a water bottle for easy dispensing (also a Pinterest tip ;-).

Day 1
Day 3
Day 6
Day 10
Isn't that the coolest!!?? The Day 10 pic was taken right before I cut them down again.  The roots got really long during the ten days but I did put them back in water again to try to regrow for a third time. I guess we will see what happens. 


Thanks for stopping and God Bless!

4 comments:

Pin It button on image hover