Friday, January 18, 2013

Green Citrus Cleaner


So, I come from a long line of cleaners. Cleaners as in we live pretty much in a constant state of clean chaos. I have two boys, ages two and six, and a thrid that I am married too and they Messy McMessy Pants'. Every. Single. One. Pig Pen from Peanuts comes to mind. I try desperately to keep it sort of organized but mostly just clean. Others may look at my house and freak out because it cluttered, the furniture is old, the kitchen made up of primary thrift-ed goods, and their are toys, literally, from one end of my house to the other. But, it is clean. Very clean.


Now, I don't ALWAYS love to clean. There are days when the last thing in the world I want to do is pick one more pair of dirty underoos off the bathroom floor.  But there comes a sort of satisfaction when the house has been cleaned. I even love cleaning solutions. Strange huh?? It really is. I love the paper goods and chemicals aisles at the grocery store. A cornucopia of different chemicals to clean up every single type of mess under the sun.

Now, all that being said, in an attempt to better our lives and strengthen our bodies inside and out, I have been slowly weeding out all of the chemical laden cleaners in my house and switching to all natural cleaners. I was extremely skeptical at first. Can they really clean as well as the expensive Lysol and Clorox cleaners?? I noticed my sister using this homemade cleaner and then I had to do some research (because that is the kind of person I am). Apparently I have been living under a rock because there were tons of recipes out there like this and this. Sidenote: Read everything by Jillee. She is a blogging ninja. There is only two ingredients and one of the two ingredients is something that you typically throw in the garbage. Nice huh? So not only is is green and safe for the kidlets but it is crazy cheap. 


Green Citrus Cleaner
  • First fill a jar with citrus peels (just the peels, eat the insides ;-). 
  • Next, fill the jar up with vinegar just to cover the peels. Screw on the top and let the mixture sit for about two weeks. 
  • Then, strain out the peels, pour it in a spray bottle and you are ready to rock. You can use it on pretty much anything. I use it on my kitchen counters, in my bathroom, and on my tile floors. 
 
That's it! Done and done. Homemade green cleaner. Easy peasie.  

Thanks for stopping and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover