Friday, January 18, 2013

Homemade Vanilla Caramel Latte



Coffee just an A.M. thing? Not for this girl! Sometimes it is the only thing that I am able to consume until about two o'clock in the afternoon. Typically, I am a coffee with a little bit of creamer kinda gal. However, every now and then, I like to take it up a notch. I am such a rebel, I know. Like a faithful internet junkie, I found this recipe here via Pinerest like I pretty much find all of my recipes these days. A Homemade Vanilla Caramel Latte. That's right, folks. Complete with foamed milk and all! 

I know what you are all thinking, you Java-lovin' peeps. Does it taste just like Starbucks or Caribou? Well, I am not entirely sure because I live pretty much in the middle of nowhere Minnesota so the nearest coffee house is about 35 to 45 minutes away. However, you can guarantee that it is a fraction of the price of one of those crazy fru-fru drinks from Starbucks. And you can make it in your own house without even having to put your bra on. Can I get an Amen?


Homemade Vanilla Caramel Latte

Yield: Enough to fill 14 oz coffee mug with room for foam or whipped cream



Ingredients
  • 3 tablespoons French Vanilla Coffee-Mate Liquid Coffee Creamer
  • 2 tablespoons caramel sauce
  • 2/3 cup double-strength hot brewed coffee
  • 1 cup milk (I have used whole & 2%)
  • Optional: whipped cream and additional caramel sauce
Instructions
  1. In a large coffee cup, combine creamer and caramel sauce. Pour in your hot coffee and stir until everything is well combined.
  2. Heat milk (not to boiling) in small saucepan over medium heat, whisking constantly to create foam. You can use a wisk but I but if you have a Magic Kitchen Wand (other wise know as a handheld blender) it will create the most beautiful foam. Yay for thrift store gold!
  3. Remove milk from heat and carefully pour into your coffee cup. Use a wooden spoon to hold back the foam. Next spoon our beautiful foam into your cup. 
  4. Optional: Add whipped cream and additional caramel sauce on top and viola!
Congratulations! You have just shamed the nearest Starbucks by making a righteous latte all by yourself!
 
You can, of course, can alter it accordingly. For example, if you want to make on the skinny side, substitute for light creamer and skim or 1% milk.

I have also toyed with different variations of flavors. I tried Peppermint Mocha Latte as well. I just substituted the French Vanilla for International Delight's York Peppermint Patty creamer and then used chocolate syrup instead of caramel. 

Thanks for stopping and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover