Friday, January 18, 2013

No Fail 'Hard Boiled' Eggs from the Oven


It's inevitable. Hard boiled egg disaster. I will never forget the year I was asked to bring Deviled Eggs to our annual Thanksmas celebration with my father. I feared the worst and I was justified in my fears. The Deviled Eggs were a complete catastrophe. I think there was maybe two that came out looking like actual eggs. The others...well, I was pretty ashamed. However, I brought my eggs to the party with my head held high. They were all still consumed in record timing so at least they tasted delicious. 

So all is well, right? Wrong! It has always bothered me that I can't peel a decent egg. It is one of those things that just drives me up the wall. Like burnt toast and broken bread and people who don't use their turn signals. So, after years of faulty egg peeling experiences, I have discovered a miracle here! Making my hard boiled eggs in the oven! It sound bananas, right?! But it works! I swear!  My sister also blogged on this hard boiled egg masterpiece at 31 Cups!


No Fail 'Hard Boiled' Eggs in the Oven

First, grab your eggs and place them in a muffin tin. It keeps them from rolling about.

Next, put them in a 325° oven for 30 minutes.

 

There it is. Thirty minutes later you have beautiful hard boiled eggs there weren't boiled. And the best part is that they peel perfectly! No more creepy looking Deviled Eggs! Hooray!


Note: The little specs are completely normal. They are just little imperfections on the shell that browned up in the oven. ;-) Also, they color up beautifully. 

Thanks for stopping and God Bless!

1 comment:

Pin It button on image hover